The Hotel 1948 Manresa is committed to sustainable management as a core value of our activity. It is our commitment to face the new challenges and needs arising from changes in tourist trends and activities. From there, we establish the concept of sustainable development as an instrument that links socio-cultural, environmental and economic aspects in the management of our tourism activity, thus seeking both the satisfaction of visitors and the local community. Within the framework of this commitment we have a responsible tourism policy and carry out a series of good practices.
RESPONSIBLE TOURISM POLICY
Aware of the importance of maintaining a sustainable tourism development, and assuming the principles and objectives specifically adopted at the 2015 World Summit on Sustainable Development, COP 21 and the World Charter for Sustainable Tourism + 20, Hotel 1948 Manresa is committed to carry out a sustainable management of its activities, through the adoption of commitments aimed at preventing, eliminating or reducing the impact of our facilities and activities, both internal and external, as well as optimizing the sustainability of the establishment by improving its behaviour with the environment.
In this sense, our entity has adopted the following Responsible Tourism Policy, by which it undertakes to comply with the requirements established in the Biosphere adhesion, which includes, among other things, the legal requirements that regulate the effects generated by the tourist activity .
Likewise, we commit ourselves to motivate and train our staff with training and awareness actions on the principles of Responsible Tourism, to promote good environmental practices and to participate in external activities, and finally to report, both internally and externally, on the progress and environmental actions of the company.
The hotel will try in any situation to apply the criteria and responsible good practices described in this manual and in the manuals of good practices that it has. The hotel demonstrates its commitment to sustainability and to create a responsible company in matters of economic growth, social responsibility and human resources, environment and its protection, cultural values and heritage, safety and customer satisfaction. With these premises the hotel will manage the day to day and the continuity of the activity as accommodation.
Likewise, our establishment expresses an explicit commitment to combat sexual exploitation or any other form of exploitation and commercial harassment, in particular of children, adolescents, women and minorities; and we undertake to adopt measures of universal accessibility.
One of our main objectives is to improve sustainable management, assuming the commitments of continuous improvement in all areas of sustainability: social, economic and environmental, as well as customer satisfaction. To this end, projects for future extensions of facilities or activities should be submitted to criteria of sustainability and efficiency in the use of resources.
This Responsible Tourism Policy will be updated whenever circumstances require, adopting and publishing in both cases new sustainability objectives.
Economic growth, inclusive and sustainable
• We promote the purchase of local products
• We collaborate in campaigns for social purposes and development projects
• We participate in training activities with training centers and schools
• We promote the recruitment of people with functional diversity
Social inclusion and employment
• We carry out training actions in relation to environmental, safety and quality activities, among others, relating to the workplace
Efficient use of resources, environmental protection and climate change
• We work to optimize the consumption of natural resources and minimize the waste we produce
• We have implemented the selective collection of the different fractions of the residues
• We carry out the corresponding controls, maintenance and checks to ensure the correct functioning of the facilities that generate emissions to the atmosphere
• We have systems in the rooms and facilities to minimize the consumption of water, light, air conditioning systems, etc.
• We have solar panels to heat domestic hot water
Cultural values, diversity and heritage
• We respect the corresponding local management criteria
• We offer information about different cultural proposals, excursions and local gastronomy among others
• We are Tourist Information point of the Barcelona Deputation since 2016.
• We are a collaborator and member of the Unesco World Geopark of Central Catalonia.
• We have emergency plans
• We comply with the regulations required by facilities and building, making the corresponding periodic inspections and necessary maintenance
Satisfaction and loyalty
• We have protocols to ensure the correct provision of the service, plans of cleaning and preventive maintenance
• We have implemented a system to manage the complaints and suggestions of the clients
Quality and Sustainability Programs
• From 2010 and until 2017 we have implemented the Sicted tourist quality system
• From 2017 we begin to implement the system of Adherence to the Commitment with Sustainability of Biosphere Destination within the Barcelona Landscapes Brand, of the Barcelona Deputation
The propertry, on July 12th, 2017